Thursday, July 01, 2010

Fireworks show

Tonight we went to a fireworks show in Sand Springs. It was held at a church, Word of Life. Word of Life is a charmastic, non-denominational church. Frankly, I was not expecting a lot. But the show turned out to be quite good.

I took several pictures, and I might post some tomorrow. We took lawn chairs and got a front row seat. Some of the fireworks even exploded directly over our heads. It was as good a show as the city puts on. (Actually, there was a mishap with last year's city show, and it was cut short.) The display lasted, I would guess, for 20 minutes or more.

The crowd was very friendly. The minister's wife came by and touched me on the shoulder; then the minister came by and shook my hand. The event was not publicized widely. I suspect most of the people there were members of the congregation.

Prior to the fireworks show, there was free ice cream and cake and cookies. It was easy getting into and out of the parking lot.

No comments: