Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It was the battery

Monday morning I called AAA and they had a guy out here within five minutes. He gave me a jump and the car started right up. So I drove to Wal-Mart and got a new battery. They even gave me an allowance of about $35 on my old battery. I guess it did not live as long as it was guaranteed for. While there we did our grocery shopping.

In the afternoon, I got a call from Saied's Music in Tulsa. The music I had ordered had arrived. I drove over and picked it up. While there I found two piano duet pieces which I bought: "Rhapsody Grandioso by Melody Bober and "Broadway Lights" by Robert D. Vandall. The sheet music which I had ordered was titled "Play Bach," and I had been listening to it on CD before ordering it. There are six pieces of Bach's music on the CD. It is a jazzed up version of some of his "standards."

Gail and I had deleyed our practice until today. Yesterday she drove her mother-in-law to the doctor's office. We played several pieces, including the two new ones. Melody Bober is one of our favorite composers of piano duet music. We had a good solid two hours of piano playing today.

This afternoon I went to the fitness center and walked three miles. There were only a few people there today.

No comments: