Thursday, August 13, 2009

Some concerns

I got up early this morning (around 4:30) and continued working on my present indexing job. I worked on it for a couple of hours then went back to bed. I woke up around 11:00 and went back to work on the index. I have finished making the changes Joel K. at Dumbarton Oaks suggested. Joel has done indexing before and knows how it works. Working with Joel has been a great help on this particular job. Joel is the editor in Byzantine Studies at Dumbarton Oaks.

I decided to go up to TCC and walk at the Fitness Center. I got in the old Saturn but the car would not start. When I turned the key the car made a brief response but did no more. I hope the problem is nothing more than that I need a new battery. You never can tell. I was fortunate that I was at the house when this problem occurred. I took the other car to TCC instead.

I went by the HAT PO box and found we had some responses to a letter Bill had sent out to candidates in the upcoming mayoral electioin in Tulsa. We had replies from two candidates, and one of the letters came back marked "Refused."

I walked three miles at TCC. All the while below on the basketball court a group of people were setting up for a banquet. A slide projector was being checked out, too. The stage was being set up with curtains erected behind the speakers platform. Doing that eliminates the possibility of telling the photos were taken in a gymnasium. I don't know what kind of event will be taking place there. While walking I listened to music by Karl Jenkins. He is the composer who wrote the music for a commercial promoting diamonds. That was a few years ago. You can buy his CD Diamond Music which has the song on it. However, the CD I listened to today is titled "Adiemus: Dances of Time."

After I left TCC I stopped by Subway and bought a 6" Black Forest Ham sandwich on Honey Oat bread. To which was added American cheese, lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, and onions. I took the sandwich home and ate it there. After eating the sandwich, I snacked on some kettle corn. I think the kettle corn is losing its crispness.

It will soon be time for the NBC Nightly News. After I watch the news I will water the plants and then get back to indexing.

Marti has not posted to her blog in four days. Her last posting indicated that her mother, soon to be 86 or 87 years old, was ill. I hope she will make another posting soon so we will know what is happening with her mother.

No comments: