Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Local Table

Yesterday, J fixed an excellent breakfast for me: three fried eggs, two sausage patties, and a biscuit. Then I got to working on my index. I got some more feedback from Joel at Dumbarton Oaks, who looked over the first third of the index and said it is gong well. Only two-third left to go. I went through another 20 pages.

That afternoon I went to TCC, walked a couple of miles and used the abs machine and the leg press machine.

In the evening we went to the Mid-Month Social of the Tulsa Atheist Meetup held at The Local Table, a Tulsa restaurant. There were 19 people there, including Monty H. from Stillwater who I saw earlier this year in a musical performance at Pratt Library. Monty is a musician, and I am hoping he can join us at Secular Singers, and perhaps give us some advice.

Folloing the meetup, we returned home. I was looking over my e-mail and decided to open a few which had come in from Nelson in the last couple of days. It seems he has a new girlfriend (fiancé) in the Philippines. (His previous fiancé was also from the Philippines, but I never heard what became of her.) His new fiancé is a gung-ho Christian and has influenced Nelson in a religious way. Nelson has been kind of a on and off Christian the last few years; he is currently on. Anyway, I was looking at some e-mails he had forwarded to me, the usual Christian glurge that is passed around, when all of a sudden the bells and whistles go off on my computer warning that I was being attacked by a virus. We stopped what we were doing and immediately ran the anti-virus software. It takes two and a half hours to do a complete scan.

I'm guessing the anti-virus software prevented my system from absorbing the virus, for when it finished running it said I had no viruses. I need to be more careful about opening e-mails from unknown sources.

No comments: