Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Day in Review

Today we went to Dr. Breland's office. Dr. Breland is our new dentist. He seemed to work faster than our previous dentist. The office does not have the latest in dental technology, but we were satisfied with his work. His office is in Sapulpa.

Afterwards we ate at Crescent Cafe back in Sand Springs. When we got home we worked on cleaning up the computer. Our virus scanner had picked up number of viruses and eliminated them. It takes quite a while to run the virus software. It runs almost three hours long. We try to do this once a week to protect our computer.

This evening I went out to water my garden and pull some weeds. I have six tomato plants along the back fence and one tomato plant on the back porch (a topsy turvy). All of the plants with tomatoes on them have not yet produced a red tomato. Our largest green tomato is about the size of a tennis ball. We have three plants with no tomatoes at all on them. We have one with eight green tomatoes. Our pepper plant has produced one pepper, but it is still on the plant. It appears small and shriveled. Our cucumber plants, three in all, are doing well. We have several small cucumbers coming on. I pulled weeds today as I watered. It was an exceedingly hot day today. Unfortunately, our Senator Inhofe refuses to acknowledge global warming.

Last Sunday, Gail and I played "Moonlit Evening" at Church of the Restoration. We felt we were not ready to play "Tiger Rag" just yet. Yesterday we worked on "Tiger Rag" some more. For our practice session next Monday we are going to focus on some pieces by J.S. Bach, plus "Tiger Rag."

Today I downloaded two books to my Kindle. The first is Don't Know Much About Literature by Kenneth C. Davis. He has a whole series of "Don't Know Much About" books. The second book is This Land Is Their Land by Barbara Ehrenreich. I have now exhausted the gift card I received from my son Nick at last Christmas.

No comments: