Monday, August 09, 2010

Hot day activities

The heat continues in Oklahoma. Even inside the house with AC, you can tell it is hot outside.

The first thing we did today was go to the BNSF office for the retirement party for Carol. Carol worked in the superintendent's office for a number of years. Today was her last day before retirement. There were many people there today for her last day. I was able to see many of my friends which I have not seen in many years. There were people who retired at various times in the 90s and the 00s. One clerk I had worked with for several years but who left the company back around 1990 was there. In all there must have been 50 people there which I know but had not seen since I retired.

I returned home and took a nap before Gail came over at 3:00 pm. We went over several of our piano duets. Our next performance date is September 12 at Restoration.

I wish my topsy turvy plant could grow tomatoes as well as it grows frogs. Today the fourth frog exited the topsy turvy. The plant has produced a few (three) cherry tomatoes. When I bought the plant it was supposed to produce Roma tomatoes. Was it mislabeled? My other tomato plants have a lot of green tomatoes on them. The only benefit of the hot weather is that my lawn has dried out and will not need cutting anytime soon.

No comments: