Sunday, August 22, 2010

Some tomatoes are red

Finally I have some red tomatoes, but this is not a good year for tomatoes, at least not in my garden. We pulled few and ate them in the past few days. I am in now from watering my garden.

This day began with me going to Church of the Restoration. There were eight people there today. there were Larry, Mary, Faith, Brandon, Betty, Rosemary, Edna and myself. Edna is the pianist. She will be gone next week, and I will take her place at the piano. The sermon today was read by Betty Morrow, who occasionally reads sermons written by the late Suzanne Meyer.

After church was over, I hurried over to the Fontana Center about 30 minutes away for the Tulsa Atheist Meetup. There were 25 people there for this gathering. I took notes which I will type up and post on the Tulsa Atheist Rendezvous blog later on when I have time. This meeting was over a little past 3 pm. Not having had any lunch, I went to a nearby Wendy's for a serving of chili and a small chocolate Frosty. Although I was charged for a small Frosty, I was given a large one. I take it as God smiling on me for my service in taking notes at the TAM.

We watched a little news but then hurried over to the St. Andrew Lutheran Church to be entertained by a group called Salt Creek. Salt Creek is a six-member string band. the instruments I saw there includes a guitar, a dobro, a mandolin, a bass violin, a harmonica, and maybe one or two others. Some players would switch from one instrument to another. It was an hour and a half show with a 15-minute intermission. What's more, there was no admission charge. They did not even ask for money. They all have day jobs, and do the band thing as a hobby. At one point, someone asked if they knew the song, "Yellowbird." They picked around for about 15 seconds and then played the piece.

No comments: