Thursday, March 17, 2011

More on Colton Burpo

I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but someone pointed out to me another thing to take into consideration regarding the story of Colton Burpo I had not realized before. 1 John 4:12 reads, “No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.”

According to Pastor Burpo “God’s size clearly wasn’t scary to Colton, but it was also interesting to me that as eager as Colton was to tell about what God looked like, he was just as eager to tell me what god felt like toward us.”

These two citations put the Christian in a dilemma. Either the Bible is correct in saying “No man hath seen God at any time,” thus making Colton’s story suspect, or else Colton did see God, making the claim to Biblical inerrancy invalid. You can have it one way or the other, but you can’t have it both ways.

No comments: