Monday, January 04, 2010

Going for a walk

My day began with Gail coming over to practice duets with me. She had sent me a e-mail on Sunday saying she had recovered from a cold, which she speculated she had picked up from her husband Glenn. We had another good practice session which lasted for two hours.

In the afternoon, I took a nap. When I got up, it seemed like a good time to go for a walk. We drove to the West Campus of TCC and paid the fee to use the fitness center for the spring semester. We were on our first lap of the walking track when J's phone began chiming. It was Jennifer wanting to know if we could keep Luke while she took Ayla to her piano lesson. So we headed back home. On the way out, I asked the person working there what time they closed that night. She said 8:30.

Shortly after we got back to the house, Luke arrived. He played games on J's lap top computer while Ayla took her lesson. We watched the news and had supper. After supper we headed back to the Fitness Center. Upon arriving, we noticed that the door was locked. It was shortly before seven. Someone came to the door and said that they close at seven.

We decided to drive over to the Case Center and walk there. As we walked in the door we saw a sign saying that the gym would be unavailable to use due to some organized basketball games. However, I noticed people up on the walking track. There were a dozen or more people there walking. J wanted to go home, but I wanted to get in some walking. We compromised and walked for thirty minutes. I had my MP3 player with me, but J was afraid I would get hit in the head with a basketball and asked that I not wear it. So I put it away.

It is supposed to be bitterly cold the next few days. I hope we return to mild weather soon.

No comments: