Friday, January 29, 2010

Snowed in

We never lost power, but it was not a day for getting out. I walked out to the mail box, got the mail, and walked back to the house. That is the extent of my travels for today. We have, I'm guessing, about a half foot of snow. The poor pine tree in the front yard has branches bent low due to the weight of the snow. Our other tree, the bradford pear, was lost in the ice storm of 2007. I hope our pine tree makes it through this winter.

The consequences of this storm did not quite live up to the dire predictions of the weather prognosticators. It could have been worse. We never lost power, knock on wood, and I'm hoping the worst is over. We saw videos of cars which slid off the roads. I was thankful to be inside a warm house while all this was going on.

No comments: