Thursday, January 14, 2010

A movie and a meal

We started the day by going to the TCC Fitness Center and walking three miles. J took my camera and shot a picture of me while walking. Actually she took four pictures, but none of them were very good. After we had our exercise out of the way, we made plans to see a movie.

We went to Sapulpa and saw It's Complicated, starring Meryl Streep, Alex Baldwin, and Steve Martin. It was a movie J had been wanting to see for some time. I did not find it to be too memorable. I would not recommend it, but J would.

Following the movie, we went to the Crescent Cafe for dinner. The prices are good at the Crescent. We both ate for under $15.

In the mail today, I received a box of five books from Dover Publications. One will be a gift for our son Nick who has a birthday on the 20th. It is a book on origami construction. The other four books are piano literature, mostly for solo piano. A portion of one book contains duets.

The music books contain music by (1) Satie, (2) Respighi, (3) John Field, and (4) a collection of 83 piano classics. Erik Satie and Ottorino Respighi are two of my favorite composers.

No comments: