Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The last couple of days

Yesterday began with Gail coming over and playing piano duets with me for two hours. We had another good practice session. We are going to record a piece and put it up on YouTube next Monday, assuming we are not in Springfield. The piece we are going to record is "Spanish Dance" by Moritz Moskowski. There are already several recordings of the piece on YouTube. After next Monday, I hope there will be one more.

Yesterday I fell on the ice. J and I were going somewhere. I was about to put the key in the door to unlock the car when suddenly the next thing I knew I was staring at sky. The fall was over before I knew it had begun. Fortunately, I landed on my fat ass, which absorbed the shock of the fall. I was not hurt. The sun was starting to melt the ice, making it become slick.

Later that afternoon, we went to the TCC Fitness Center and walked three miles.

Today we went grocery shopping. That took a couple of hours and 250 dollars.

I am presently reading George Eliot's Scenes from Clerical Life. The book is a set of three stories. The first story concerns the Rev. Amos Barton. I reached the end of that first story this morning. There are two more stories in the collection. You can, should you care, follow my progress in the book on GoodReads.com. You might have to register; I'm not sure. The website is not the most user-friendly of sites. Sometimes important information is to be found in small type. I would like to invite my readers to sign up on Good Reads so that I can follow your progress as you read. I'm always interested in seeing what my friends are reading.

No comments: