Sunday, April 25, 2010

Busy Sunday

I had three events to attend today and they were back to back. Actually they overlapped a bit.

First, was Church of the Restoration. Today was Poetry Sunday at Restoration. I read "Noah," a poem written by Philip Appleman. It has some humor as well as some somber portions. It runs about 10 minutes in length.

As soon as the service was over I was out the door and on the way to the Agora Coffee House, venue for the Tulsa Atheists Meetup. I arrived about 1:10 pm, but the meeting had not started. Leading the group today was William Poire, a dynamic young leader about thirty years my junior. Also present and taking a leading role was Hilary McKinney, a law student at TU.

At today's meetup, Bill recommended we read an article in today's Tulsa World: "Let's Move Learning Online." According to Bill, online learning is the wave of the future. It is more effective and cheaper than the present system. You go at your own pace, and there is no bus transportation involved.

Following this meeting, I stopped at Wendy's for a quick lunch. There was a "crazy women" in line behind me who just had to tell me jokes. Example: Why did the orange stop at the bottom of the hill? Answer: It ran out of juice. She fired off five or six such jokes, and no one enjoyed them as much as the teller. She guffawed at each joke. I sat down and ate my chili and afterwards proceeded to Joe Price's house. I had called Joe to tell him I would probably be late. I arrive at 3:45 instead the normal 3:30. Joel was not there today. It was just myself and the Prices.

I got home in time to watch the 5:30 Nightly News. After I finish updating my blog, I hope to read some of the book I will be indexing in the coming days.

I don't think I mentioned I will be having an MRI on my back this Thursday. I am getting tired of the constant pain. I have been taking aspirin to lessen the pain. I have not taken any more Aleve since Dr. Rapacki said it leads to kidney failure.

No comments: