Sunday, April 18, 2010

Uneventful Sunday

Ayla spent the night with us Saturday evening. When J got up she noticed that Ayla was missing. She came looking for her in the back room where I was reading. She asked if know where Ayla was. I said I did not so we went to the front bedroom where Ayla had been sleeping; but she was not there. We found her in the dining room with a big dollop of peanut butter on a spoon. She had silently gotten up and went to the kitchen for food.

J and Ayla got dressed and left for church. Soon I also got dressed and left for my church. There were only five peo0ple there today. There was Edna, the church pianist; Mary, the lay leader; Betty, the speaker; and that left just Larry and myself. I guess you could call us the congregation. Had I not gone today, the congregational attendance was have declined by 50%.

I had no meetings this afternoon; even drumming was canceled. I have been inside ever since I got back from church.

We might look at another Bible question, since I do not have a lot to write about today. The question is: How did Judas die? The writer of Acts (1:18) says, "(With the reward he got for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out." Compare that to Matthew 27:5 which reads "So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself."

I ask you, my readers, which account do you accept? The one in which he falls and burst open, or the one in which he hangs himself?

No comments: