Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chautauqua Redux

This afternoon we took Luke to the library for a library program. A firetruck with three firemen arrived shortly after we got there. The firemen were part of the program. They explained that they were on duty and might have to leave if they got a call. As the spokeman explained what to do in case of a fire, a call came in and the crew turned on the siren and made a hasty departure.

Inside the building the kids listened to Miss Connie give a presentation of some kind. I sat in the library while the program was going on reading a magazine.

Tonight we again went to Chautauqua. A three-piece band was playing music as we arrived. The crowd was smaller tonight. We saw Joy from my church who sat next to me.

Tomorrow night "Clara Barton" will speak. She is the Unitarian who founded the American Red Cross. I will probably miss that presentation since I have another commitment.

On the way home, we stopped at Sonic. J got a hot fudge sundae, and I got a strawberry sundae.

I will have more pictures to post tomorrow.

No comments: