Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A doctor visit

I went to see Dr. Rapacki this morning. He asked about my back pain, and I told him that the steroid injections had reduced the pain so that it is now about 10 to 15% of what it had been. I am doing well enough now that I would not consider surgery. He said that I could have had the brain tumor from an very early age He mentioned age three. It could have been growing for decades. When I had back surgery, something caused it to "kick in" (my words, not his) and that's when I almost died. A tumor the size of a tennis ball was removed from my head. I am getting by fine at this time. He said if the pain gets worse to let him know.

On the way home we stopped at the Crescent Cafe for lunch. The place was packed today. I had the usual: a mushroom and swiss cheese burger with potato salad as my side dish.

Luke is spending the night with us tonight. Ayla was here until her father came by and took her home. The two of them spent a few hours this afternoon playing in the pool on the back porch.

We did no go to Chautauqua tonight.

No comments: