Monday, June 07, 2010

Review of the day

This day began with Gail coming over for piano duets. We played some of the new music I bought last week and the two pieces we will be playing at Restoration on July 4: "The Stars and Stripes Forever" and "The Washington Post March." The two patriotic pieces are coming along quite well. We also played Bach's "Sheep May Safely Graze" and Averre's "The Rag-Weed Rag." We went through the Joplin collection of four pieces for the first time today.

While Gail and I were finishing up our practice, J was in the kitchen preparing a fine lunch of chicken and dressing and baked sweet potato. For our evening meal, we went out to Subway and got a five dollar footlong (Black forest ham on whole wheat bread, toasted with American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, and cucumber) and shared it.

I have posted a few pictures from my early years, and I expect to post more in the days to come.

No comments: