Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birthday party


This picture did not turn out very well, but at least the people in the picture are recognizable. A greater problem is my memory. I have manipulated the image with software to increase the contrast. I am seated in the center of the seven boys. On the left is my sister, Paula. Her image can be seen in the portrait above the sofa.
I am in the center of the boys (just below the left side of the photographic portrait). Two down to my right is Pete McMurry, my best friend while living in Tupelo. The boy seated on the right end of the couch is a kid by the name of Raymond (?). I can't remember his last name.
On my left side is Jimmy Shirley (?) and on my right next to me is John Arthur Tomlinson (?). I could me mistaken in identifying some of these people. Please let me know if I have misidentified any of these people.
I am guessing this picture was taken at my eighth birthday party. That would be the only occasion for having so many friends over to the house. Imprinted in the border of the picture is "JUL 56." My birthday is in March, but it was probably July before the roll of film was processed.

No comments: