Sunday, February 14, 2010

Daily wrap-up for February 14

I went to Church of the Restoration this morning. There were 10 people there. I think Barbara will be returning to the church. She was very disappointed in a number of things about the church and seemed to indicate she would not be returning. However, today at the Congregational Meeting following the service, she volunteered to serve on the board in the "at large" position. I might actually join the church soon, too. I have been attending there for a few year. I found out today that many there thought I was a member, but I have never signed the membership book. They need all the help they can get. I might be able to convince some of my humanist friends to start coming. We definitely need more members. I looked on the roster today and saw 21 names listed. Two of the members I had never met before were there today.

There are a couple of members who do not live in the area who send large sums of money to keep the church going. Were it not for them, the church most likely would have folded by now.

I took Barbara home. She had caught a ride to church with Joy, but Joy had to leave early to be at the ballet. Joy asked me if I could take Barbara home, and I agree to.

On the way home, I went through the drive thru at Taco Mayo. I got two beef soft tacos, Mexicali rice, and refried beans. I ate that as my lunch and then left for Joe price's house for drumming. There were four of us there: Joe and Lou, Joel, and myself. Joe had some news for us. He had been contacted by the library to see if we would like to perform at one of their weekday noontime performances along with a troup of belly dancers. We would be providing the rhythm for the dancers. This would occur in May, if all goes well.

On the way home, I stopped at Dollar General and bought a birthday card for Gail, whose birthday is tomorrow. I watched the news and "Life (Part 2)" and took the trash cart out to the curb. I played the piano some in anticipation of our weekly practice session tomorrow.

Below is a link to a new movie about Charles Darwin. It looks interesting. I am going to try to go see it.

http://creationthemovie.com/trailer/

No comments: