Sunday, February 21, 2010

Daily wrap-up

I went to church this morning. I was going to sign the membership book, but I also needed to be at another location a half-hour after the service was over. The service today was on Black History Month. The hymns we sang were "Eyes on the Prize" and "Dancing Sarah's Circle." I might join next month, or, due to an unusual circumstance, I might quit going altogether. Once the service was over at 12:30, I hit the road. I needed to be at Garnett and 71st at 1:00 pm. Our meeting was at Panera Bread. I got there right at 1 pm. The meeting room was still being used by the previous group. After a wait of ten minutes, the group vacated the room.

The meeting was an organizational meeting of the Oklahoma Progressive Coalition, a liberal political group. There were 14 people present for this meeting. We talked about organization for the two hours. I got two phone calls while at the meeting: Randy called to let me know our interview with Channel 8 was postponed due to the rain. The Channel 8 cameras were to shoot some of us in front of our (Tulsa CoR) billboard on I-44. The second call I received was from Joe Price, our drumming leader. He said that he and his wife were not feeling the best, and they were calling drumming off for today.

At 3:00 pm we had to vacate the meeting room for another group. I got in my car and drove to Furr's Cafeteria. I had turkey and dressing, and two kinds of fish, carrots, corn, a roll, garlic bread, fruit salad, a piece of chocolate pie, and a glass of tea. After eating, I came home.

No comments: