Friday, February 05, 2010

Roundup of events

We began our day by watching another lecture in the series on Philosophy of Religion. Then we went grocery shopping. That took a couple of hours. After we got back home and put away the groceries, we changed clothes and drove to the Fitness Center at TCC West and walked three miles. I have walked 17.5 miles this week. We managed to get to the Fitness Center every day this week. We might go walking in the morning, but I don't know right now.

After walking we returned home and had a fish dinner with scallops. Scallops are my favorite food item. The best scallops are found at White River Fish Market in Tulsa. They almost melt in your mouth. Red Lobster has good scallops, but I prefer those at WRFM.

In the mail today I received the current issue of Sheet Music Magazine. I spent some time at the piano tonight playing several of the pieces. Some of the pieces in this issue which I like are "Heliotrope Bouquet," "Love's Been Good To Me," "Great Balls of Fire," and "The M.T.A." The issue also contains two interesting jazz pieces: "Upside" and "Patternesque." The magazine is published four time a year, and in addition to publishing 18 or so songs per issue also includes instructional material to improve your playing. The novelty song "Why Do They Play Here Comes The Bride (When They Should Play There Goes The Groom)" is also found in this issue.

This has been a strange winter. It looks like we might be in store for some more snow starting Monday. I will be glad when Spring gets here.

No comments: