Monday, February 08, 2010

More snow arrives

I went out to the mailbox to get the mail around 9:00 this morning. It was spitting rain but there was no sign of snow. By 9:30 the rain had changed over to snow, and it was snowing fast. We got a heavy snow for three hours, and then it stopped as suddenly as it had begun. Gail called from her cell phone when she was just four or five miles away and said she was turning back for home.

Fortunately, the snow did not stick. The ground was too warm. I got out and went to the library and the post office at the tag agency. I got an e-mail from Gail asking to reschedule the practice. She will be coming over Thursday morning now.

We went to TCC and walked three miles today.

I spent some time this afternoon trying (unsuccessfully) to find the sheet music to a song written by Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs. The title of the piece is "Cabin on the Hill." I checked my favorite music-by-mail site, Sheet Music Plus, but did not see it there. I called Saied's Music in Tulsa, and they could not find it in any of their collections of music. I checked with the Tulsa Library, and had no luck there. The lyrics can be found on the Internet, but not the musical notation. If any of my readers out there have any ideas on finding the music to this song, please let me know. The song is track 2 on the album "16 Biggest Hits, Flatt & Scruggs."

No comments: