Sunday, February 07, 2010

How much will it snow?

It looks like we are in for another round of winter weather. The weatherman says we could get up to six inches. We will know by this time tomorrow.

Today I went to Church of the Restoration. I took highway 64 up to the Gilcrease Museum Road. I took the Museum Road to Pine. I go this way to avoid the road construction around downtown Tulsa. From Pine I go straight to Greenwood, turn right, and the church is just a block down the street. It was another slender group today: seven altogether.

Betty Morrow read a sermon written by Suzanne Meyer. Suzanne died recently. Her memorial service will be this Wednesday at Hope Unitarian Church. She was living in Wyoming (?) if I remember correctly. She was a minister there. Prior to that, she lived in Tulsa. She wrote some great sermons. Betty has read several of hers to the congregation before.

Following the service, I went to Braum's on Gilcrease Museum Road for lunch. J said she was going to take Luke and Ayla out for lunch. She also went to Braum's, but the one in Prattville (as south Sand Springs is known). I had a grilled chicken sandwich, fries, and a peanut butter and fudge shake. I usually get chocolate when I order a shake, but I saw a sign promoting the PB and fudge shake, so I got that instead. It was okay, but I think I will stick with chocolate.

I got a call from the Prices. They were not well and called off drumming for today.

Ayla spent the afternoon here. We took her home around 5 pm.

We also watched another lecture in the series we have been watching. The lecture was on the teleological argument for God.

Looking at my appointment calendar, I can see I have a busy week ahead. Of course, plans could change if we get a lot of snow.

No comments: