Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Trip

Tuesday afternoon we took an out of town trip. We looked at the roads Monday, and decided a Wednesday morning business trip (for J) might be a problem. We decided to travel Tuesday while the roads were clear, then use it for an excuse to celebrate an early Valentine's Day.

Finding no motels actually close to the conference center, we got the closest motel we could find. That ended up being a motel three and a half miles away. We drove around a little getting familiar with the town, and ate at a local "Mom and Pop" that had generous portions for the price. We were both stuffed by the time we left, and we passed up dessert.

Wednesday morning, I drove J. to her meeting, then relaxed in the motel room watching TV. At noon I met Jan and we took advantage of the college cafe, but I do not recommend the place. I ordered a chicken salad sandwich, but had trouble finding much chicken salad between the slices of bread. Instead of saying "Where's the beef?", I was saying "Where's the chicken?"

That afternoon I visited the library, and read my Kindle until J was ready to head out of town.

We missed the rush hour traffic across Tulsa by using the Creek Turnpike. We use that turnpike often and find it saves time even when it may be a longer trip.

After supper, J and I went to a showing of a Darwin video at All Souls Unitarian Church. The room was packed once again as it was last week. Following the showing of the DVD, there was a brief discussion. Next week, the plan is to discuss the book Good Without God.

J and I are tired, but we had a nice trip.

No comments: