Monday, February 01, 2010

Some melting today

Today, following breakfast, we watched two lectures from the course "Philosophy of Religion" (on DVD) taught by James H. Hall of the University of Richmond. We listened to "What Constitutes Good Evidence" (lecture 8) and "Why Argue For the Existence of God?" (lecture 9). We listened to lecture 8 yesterday, but since I received three phone calls during the half-hour lecture, I wanted to hear it again.

In the afternoon, we went to TCC and walked the indoor track. I was hoping to walk four miles, but was interrupted after three and a half with a request to go home.

We had a good bit of melting of the snow today; however, much snow remains. I know what it is like to go three days without electricity. That happened to us in December of 2007. The house did not get cold. I guess the greatest hardship was being without all those things that use electricity to operate: lights, television, garage door opener, CD player.

I spoke with Gail on the phone, and we are going to get together for piano duet practice on Wednesday afternoon this week.

No comments: