Saturday, May 08, 2010

Ayla's recital day

My granddaughter, Ayla, played her annual piano recital today. Considering she is a first grader, she did very well. She played her piece from memory and played it flawlessly. She had a good sense of the piece as a whole. It sounded very polished.

The entire recital lasted about an hour and a half. Afterwards, cookies and punch were served. There were about 30 students in the recital.

Next we went to WalMart where we bought a birthday present for Luke, whose birthday is May 10. Then we took Ayla to her house to get some things for her overnight trip to Nanna and Papa Dan's. She ate her dinner at McDonald's where there is an indoor playground. She is very social and takes to other kids right away. She has never met a stranger.

While I was a home, I worked on my indexing job. I reached the end of the mark-up phase yesterday. I have about a dozen pages left to enter into my indexing computer program. Then I will start editing it.

Also, tonight I went over the pieces we will probably play in church tomorrow. I don't know how much they will want us to play, but we have seven pieces ready to go, beginning with Alexander's Ragtime Band.

No comments: