Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Medical Day

We arrived at St. John Medical Center this morning by 9:30 for my 9:45 appointment. We check in and discovered there was no record of my having an appointment for 9:45 or any other time that day. The receptionist gave me a couple of papers to fill out. I filled them out and took them up to the desk. Soon I was called to the window where someone took my insurance information. I was told to have a seat and some minutes later my name was called. It was probably about 11:00 am. by this time.

I was taken back to another room where I was preped for the procedure. An IV connection was placed into a vein. It wasn't connected to anything, but it was ready to go. I was told someone else was ahead of me, and I would have to wait about 20 minutes. There were two nurses waiting on me. Both were named Paula.

After about 20 minutes someone wheeled me to another room. We passed by a large window on the southeast corner of the seventh floor. It gave me a good view of that part of town.

Once we got into the procedure room, there were three people there, all women. Dr. Morgan talked with me a bit. She said there were two ways to go about the procedure. She explained them both and left it up to me to decide. I picked one and then rolled from the bed on to the operating table. I was told to hold my arms out front. My underwear was pulled halfway down my rear end. I felt something cold rubbing my lower back. The next thing I remember I was laying on my back regaining consciousness. I was still a bit groggy. Someone helped me into a wheelchair and wheeled me out to the parking area on the seventh floor.

J was driving the car. We returned to Sand Springs, stopping at the Crescent Cafe for lunch. Once we got back home (around 1 pm), I went to bed and slept until around 4:30.

The nurse said it would take 2 to 5 days to feel the benefits of the injection, but I already am feeling much better.

No comments: