Monday, May 03, 2010

Lunch at the Crescent Cafe

The day began with Gail coming over for a couple hours of fun playing piano duets together. We will be playing at Restoration this Sunday morning. Our selection will be Glenda Austin's "A Little Bit of Bach." This will be a change of pace for us. Heretofore, everything we have played has been ragtime. We're branching out.

After Gail left, J and I went to the Crescent Cafe for lunch. We both had deboned fried chicken pieces. I had some potato salad. Before we left, I ordered a piece of chocolate pie. We brought it home and ate it later.

In the afternoon, we worked on fixing a trash can ... the kind you step on a lever at the bottom and the lid opens up. We spent about an hour trying to rig it so that the lid would open as the foot pedal was depressed. We never could get it to work. I guess we will lift the lid by hand until we can get another trash can.

I spent most of the evening indexing. I got an e-mail from the managing editor. She said they want a nine-page index, run-in style. I said I thought I could have the index done by May 17. Right now it is more than half way done.

No comments: