Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oil change

This afternoon I got the oil changed in my 2008 Saturn Aura. I went to Same Day Auto Repair. I asked the guy at the front desk if the technician could reset the Oil Life indicator. He said no problem. It did not take long to get the oil changed. On the way home, I discovered that the Oil Life indicator had not been reset. I called the shop when I got home, and the guy confessed that the technician had forgotten to reset the indicator. I tried to do it myself, but I could not get it to work. So, I went back to the shop, and the technician did what seemed like the same thing I had done unsuccessfully, but with him it worked. I'm not much of a mechanic.

This evening we went to the 60th floor of the old City of Faith building. There is a great view from the top of that building. You could see for miles and miles and miles. The occasion was a CPCU dinner. We had Chicken with mashed potatoes, squash, carrots, bread, and iced tea. For dessert we had chocolate cake.

I went by the library. A video I had ordered was there waiting for me to pick up. It is "Coco Before Chanel." Inhale long and slow. Tonight I watched "2012" on DVD.

No comments: