Sunday, May 09, 2010

Performance goes well

I am feeling better today. It used to be I felt the best when I first got up and slowly declined throughout the day. Now, when I first get up is the time I feel the worst, and I slowly feel better as the day goes on. I can tell the disc is still out of place, but maybe I am getting used to it. Anyway, I go the St. John's for the steroid injection on Wednesday. In the meantime, I am trying to take it easy. The disc which has slipped out of place is aggravating the nerve which runs along the disc.

I went to Church of the Restoration this morning. I had hoped that some of my humanist friends would be there. We had talked about forming a partnership between HAT and CoR, in which each entity supports the other, but today was not the day. There were just the usual suspects in the congregation. Actually some of the regulars were not there. There were seven people there today: Gail and myself, Mary, Betty, Larry, Vanessa, and Edna.

The special music went well. Gail and I opened with Alexander's Ragtime Band, followed by Champagne Rag. As the service closed, we played I'll Wait For You and Black Hawk Waltz. (Imagine the quotation marks where they should be. I'm tired.)

Following the service, we went back to the room across from the kitchen where we had salad, baked beans, egg custard, and fried chicken.

I had my phone on vibrate during the service, and I felt it vibrate. J had called. I phoned her back, and she said they would be at Nick's to celebrate Luke's birthday. (Tomorrow is actually his birthday, but since everyone was free Sunday afternoon, that is when we celebrated it.) There were nine of us there. We sang "Happy Birthday" to Luke.

No comments: