Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I visit my neurosurgeon

At 11:00 this morning we were at the office of my neurosurgeon. He came in and said "You have a disk herniation." This is the same surgeon who operated on me in 2007. That time he operated at L5 for the same problem. The problem disk this time is L4.

He asked if I had a pain management doctor. I said no. He recommended Dr. Morgan, whose office is in with his. The office was out to lunch. I left a message for them to call me when they got back. Doctor Rapacki suggested I get a steroid injection and possibly a second one if the first one does not work.

Next we went across the street to the Olive Garden. I had the Seafood Alfredo. It has a lot of shrimp and scallops in it. Then we came home.

Soon I was at the library. I had books to turn in and books to check out. Then I went by the bank and got some cash. When I got home I took a phone survey for Olive Garden which will give me a $4 discount next time we go there.

The person from Dr. Morgan's office called to schedule a steriod injection next week on Wednesday. They also told me to stop taking pain medication until after I have the injection. I had been taking 6 to 8 aspirin a day for the pain. So far I am doing okay without medication.

This evening we transferred the plants I bought yesterday into containers. We have four tomato plants, three cucumber plants, and one pepper plant.

No comments: